Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The 15 in 2015

2015

 

New Years, how dare you be looming upon us once again?! It seems like only yesterday I was ringing in 2014 and only a short time before that I was cowering under a table welcoming in the year 2000. I remember it so well, with all it’s doom  and gloom lurking in the shadows; as the fireworks crackled, the world was anxiously awaiting Armageddon in the form of a Y2K bug threatening  a massive shut down on a global scale,  or alternatively a massive tidal wave wiping out all of humanity* (The name Nostradamus was thrown around a lot that year)

*neither of which happened but Y2K did give Will Smith something to rap about.

NYEEvery year it’s the same old hoopla: most countries trying to out do each other with an epic fireworks display, news programs cover and discuss the end of year frivolities and #DrunkGirlsOfNYE becomes a tag, if not an entire instagram account. Meanwhile I stay tucked up in bed or on the couch because I don’t do crowded place,  I don’t like drunk people and if it comes to choosing between going outside in the cold or staying at home wrapped in blankets, I know which I’d choose!

New Years: that wonderful time when we say goodbye to the old and ring in the new. We make empty promises to ourselves that we will be better than the year before or we set ourselves goals that are destroyed minutes later. Yet…here I amNYE1…doing it all over again! I feel like I should set one goal this year: “My New Years Resolution is to keep my New Years Resolution for a whole year”, if I can keep that resolution I may start being more successful when I set legitimate goals.

I have every intention of setting goals for 2015, because even if I don’t achieve them, they are something to strive toward. This year, I am giving myself the 15 of 15. 15 goals for 2015 that I have every intention of trying to at least attempt to give it a go at achieving.

So here it is, my 15 of 15.

NYE2

Oh how cliché am I? Embrace the cliché!  Anyway, lets see how far I can get; I’m hoping to keep at least one of these active for the whole year, then I can cross off at least two of my goals (see number 15? It’s a loophole). For goal number 2 I am acquiring the list from popsugar that I may have seen on another blog and thought was a really good idea. My reading has stopped this year for a multitude of reasons, so it will be a case of prioritising and using my time wisely in order to fit in a few minutes of reading every night!

popsugar I’ve already taken a look through the list to see if there are any categories I can plan ahead for. Ensnared by AG Howard will be my book for “A book with a one word title”; Karen Fowler will by author for “ A book written by an author with your same initials”; and A Week In Paris by Karen Hore will be the book I’ve started but haven’t finished. I’m going to set myself a reading diary for a multitude of reasons but most importantly it will hold me accountable for my reading. I know a lot of the I push myself to finished a chapter at a time, but I think if I set myself a limit of 5-10 minutes of reading per day, then I am more likely to accomplish my goals.

I may not be able to maintain all 15 goals, but I’m going to give them a fair chance; that isn’t be being a pessimist, it’s reality! It can be hard enough maintaining 1 goal and I’ve set 15. Most of these however aren’t overly complicated, they are simply choices. I just have to remember to take a breath, think about the choice and then make the right choice.

Dear world, what is on your list of resolutions for 2015? Don’t like resolutions? What are your goals? What is on your to-do list? What do you want to achieve in 2015?

K

0 comments:

Post a Comment