Thursday, June 19, 2014

Book Review: The Book of Tomorrow

Cecelia Ahern - The Book of Tomorrow

 

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

The Blurb on the Back:

This is a story about how tomorrow can change what happens today…

Tamara Goodwin has everything she ever wanted and she never has to think about tomorrow. But suddenly her world is turned upside down and she has to leave her glamorous city life for a new one in the country. However, Tamara is soon lonely and longing to return home.

Then a travelling library arrives in the village, bringing with it a mysterious leather-bound book lock with a gold clasp and padlock. What Tamara discovers within its pages takes her breath away and everything starts to change in the most unexpected of ways…

My Thoughts:

I’m not going to lie, this books cover grabbed my attention and refused to let go. I am very guilty of judging books by their cover – if I don’t love their cover or there isn’t something beautiful artistic about a cover, then I tend overlook it; but this one, this book, had shimmering, elegant tentacle like arms – invisible to the rest everyone in the store except me – which reached out, coiled around my brain and refused to let go. I was hooked on the book before I had even picked it up.

Double whammy – it’s by the same author who wrote P.S. I love you which is basically on of my all time favourite movies and gave me the overwhelming urge to drop everything and fly over to Ireland.

I really loved this story; I love the elements of ‘magic’ – or the unexplainable – I loved the elements of reality mixed with scandal and mystery. It was one of those stories that you can quite easily become immersed in. I found myself needed to know what was going to happen next; I found myself needing to know what had happened in the past; and I found myself speculating on how the story was going to wrap up because toward the end you start trying to piece it all together and then you get to what I could only feel was a completely unexpected but well executed end of the story. I was left with a closed book and in awe of the ending. (I love twisted endings; that’s why I love Jodi Picoult books so much!)

The twists and turns within the story are gripping and unexpected. It’s a beautiful book a beautiful story and contains some really though provoking and inspiring messages. There were countless times when I would read a line and think to myself just how relevant or important that message was to me and it’s really reawakens that love of reading and writing.

Cecelia Ahern - The Book of TomorrowRATING

Kerri Carrie Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

End

Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment