Wednesday, June 18, 2014

To-Do List: Books

So apparently I’m back in the business of reading books. For a while there I didn’t want to pick up a book, I didn’t want to look at a book, I pretty much didn’t want to hear the word “book” being used. For some reason, every time I picked up a book and started reading the very first line, I would involuntarily start yawning and occasionally make audible noises similar to that of someone groaning because they are completely and utterly bored out of their damn mind. Essentially I was. Even the most exciting of books that I have read before, the classics that I truly love, were doing nothing for me. I just didn’t want to read.

There came a point in time, somewhere between seeing the second Hunger Games movie and last month when I decided I couldn’t wait any longer and I needed to know how the whole thing ended. I hadn’t read the first two books, I have only seen the movies, but the next part to the movie franchise is taking far too long (in my mind) and I quite simply needed to know what happened next. So I bought Mockingjay and painstakingly pushed myself to read the whole damn book. Essentially the book is how I imagined it to be so it wasn’t an overly difficult read, it’s just because my mind was so closed off to reading that I had to push myself to keep reading. I’m almost certain there’s at least one page in that book that I just sort of glanced over rather than reading it properly.

Either way, it helped. Since reading Mockingjay, I went on to read Cecelia Ahern’s  The Book of Tomorrow as well as Douglas Adam’s The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy. By read, I mean, I SUPER READ, because I managed to get through both books in 3 days. I’m not a fast reader, I never have been, so reading 2 books in such a short amount of time is an accomplishment.

To keep the momentum going, I’ve compiled a list of books that I have on my bookshelf that are yet to be read plus some books that I have just purchased (my birthday is coming up! It’s a present to me!) that I need to get through before the year is out!

First of all the books I already have:

Carole Matthews - That Loving Feeling
Carole Matthew
That Loving Feeling

Bridie Clark - The Overnight Socialite
Bridie Clark
The Overnight Socialite

Jodi Picoult - The Storyteller
Jodi Picoult
The Storyteller

 

The books I have just purchased from Book Depository

Giovanna Fletcher - You're the One that I Want
Giovanna Fletcher
You’re the One that I want

Giovanna Fletcher - Billy and Me
Giovanna Fletcher
Billy and Me

AG Howard - Splintered
AG Howard
Splintered

AG Howard - Unhinged
AG Howard
Unhinged

Cecelia Ahern - How to Fall in Love

Cecelia Ahern
How to Fall in Love

Does anyone have any other book-reading suggestions?

 

End

Categories: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment